CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 13, 2008

I am no longer a Neil Diamond apologist!!!





For those of you who don't know a lot about me, or for those who do know me, you'll probably be surprised to know that I am a HUGE Neil Diamond fan, he is my all time favorite artist!!! There I said it, I'm out of that closet and loving it. Growingup my Mother raised me on amazing music. Chicago, Boston, BTO, Billy Joel, Whitney Houston, Lionel Richie (another great) and Neil Diamond. I used to steal her Neil tapes and listen to them in my room on my Fisher Price Karaoke tape player. (PICTURED TO THE RIGHT)

I secretly have been listening to Neil for a long time until in Highschool some of my buddies found some of his tapes in my car, needless to say they we're not impressed and the nicest name they called me for a couple weeks was fag. So I put Neil to the side for about 2 years until I attended some classes at Impact Trainings. Impact Trainings was the best thing I EVER did in my life. Here's their website www.impacttrainings.com, if you'd like to improve your life at all check it out. I knew about the Secret even before the book came out because of them. Anyways that's beside the point, the point is that they played a lot of Neil in their trainings and it was good to hear my old friend. I listened to him until ALL my cd's, about 200, were stolen out of my car about 2 yrs later.

Recently on American Idol, Neil was invited to be the featured guest artist and the contestants we're able to sing some of his classic tunes. I don't think people understand that Neil is bar none the biggest artist they've had on in their 7 seasons. He has been selling out STADIUMS for 30+ years. Needless to say I thouroughly enjoyed it and bought his new album "Home Before Dark" produced by Rick Rubin (Beastie Boys, Run DMC, LL Cool J, currently working with
Justin Timberlake on his next album), and The Essential Neil Diamond album as well, which is basically a greatest hits album. So we've been reunited again for a second time...and I must say, Hello again, hello.

If you get a chance give him a listen, he's amazing. I'm out of the proverbial Neil Diamond closet. If you love that or hate it, it's the way I am going to stay, his music brings me Joy.












3 comments:

Jon bird said...

Woot love it..... "song sung blue, every body knows one"

v johnson said...

Lat night we thought of you... they had fireworks set to music... Neil had a song in there... I am coming to America... just thinking of you guys...

Julie said...

Mandy... it's really time for an update...